Our first trip up to the lake this year was not as enjoyable as it usually is. We had the condo for 4 days and were very excited for a nice getaway. We got up there in the evening, cooked dinner, played on the toys for a while then off to bed we went. That's when the fun began..... Jace had a terrible night. He was up crying most of the night and we pretty much spent it on the couch. The next day we got ready and off to the toys again we went. I noticed mosquito's that morning and thought it was odd. I sprayed the kids down but it didn't help. The mosquitoes were EVERYWHERE! I have never seen mosquitoes like that in my life! Then we decided to head to the pool since the lake water temp was only in the low 50's. The kids did enjoy swimming, when we were not swatting at bugs. That night, Jace slept a better. The other kids on the other hand and been bitten a few times and were itching. Plus I had no itch medicine. That next morning when Jace got up he was crying like he was hurt and he wouldn't let me put him down, and he was acting funny, after a good inspection found out it was his left leg that was hurting him. We couldn't touch it, he wouldn't put any weight on it, he would crawl with it funny and would cry. We didn't know what had happened so we decided to pack up and head home. While I was packing up, the kids went to the toys again and to say goodbye to their cousins. In that short time they were eaten alive by the mosquitoes. I was kind of glad we were leaving just for that reason. When we got home, we took Jace to the Doctors. They checked him out, did x-rays, and said he had a soft tissue injury and to watch him. After all was said and done, Dennin had 6 mosquito bites, Makinley had about 10 (and she is allergic so she swells up 10 times the size) She had two on her ankle and it looked like her ankle was broken. It was swollen up and bruised and she couldn't even walk on it without limping it hurt so bad. Taelor was the winner though with 25 bites. Poor girl. Needless to say my kids were miserable for the next couple of days till they recovered. It took Jace over a week and a half to be able to use his leg again. Still a mystery to us. Oh well, maybe next time will be a little better.
Here is Jace at the Park. He loves playing with the sun shade.
My kids love to swing!!
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Bear Lake Bummer
Posted by Amber at 7:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Darn them mosquitoes!!! They are here too, hate them. I still need to send you last year's bear lake pictures, at least it was good last year right? We'll be up this weekend, park?, Friday?...I'll give you a call! Can't wait to see ya!
Those mosquitoes are a bummer. I'm glad they'd cleared up before we got there! I can't believe tumbling is almost over...We love it!
That sucks! I feel bad for your poor babies.
Post a Comment